To continue or check the status of your application, log in as a Return User. To start a new application, use the Create Account button to begin. NOTE: You must create an account for each application you submit.
This online option requires payment of the $50 application fee using a valid VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER card or checking account. One application fee covers any applications submitted for admission terms within the same academic year, which runs from Fall quarter through Summer quarter.
To view our Privacy Statement click here (this will open a new browser window).
Note: Please read all of the following guidelines before you fill out the application form. **If you are submitting multiple graduate applications to the University of Oregon, please do not open them within the same browser. The tabs or windows may share session information and overwrite data from one application to the other.**
Graduate Application Deadlines
This completed application and your file materials must be submitted no later than the deadline specified by the department to which you are applying.
1. A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
2. Acceptance by the department or program in which you plan to study. University departments and programs determine their own requirements for admission.
3. Approval of the dean of the Graduate School.
1. Department Application: Some departments require official hard copies of transcripts, some require uploaded copies, and some require both. Please follow the instructions provided by the department to which you're applying. Generally, departments require transcripts showing ALL college-level coursework.
2. University Application: Submit to the Office of Admissions, 1217 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-1217 official transcripts only from colleges or universities where you received bachelor’s, master's, or doctoral degrees.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND TRANSCRIPTS TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL!
A limited number of application fee waivers are available to qualified applicants (U.S. citizens and permanent residents only). All fee waivers are requested and approved through the online Graduate School application in GradWeb.
Your request will be processed in the order received and is not fully granted until all of the following steps are completed:
You have submitted all required documentation (if applicable);
Your request has been reviewed and approved by the Graduate School;
Your application to the University of Oregon Graduate School has been completed and submitted via GradWeb.
Even if you have requested a fee waiver and your request has been approved, your fee waiver will not be granted until you submit your application.
You are able to submit required documentation at two points in the application:
1) Upon beginning an application you can upload required documentation by clicking “Upload Now.”
2) On the final payment page of the application you can upload required documentation by clicking “Upload Now.” This option appears when you have selected “Upload Later” at the beginning of the application.
*Please note, applicants requesting fee waivers based on financial need must submit their request and documentation 10 business days prior to the department application deadline. Late requests will be automatically denied.
|American Indian or Alaska Native||A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintains a tribal affiliation or community attachment.|
|Asian||A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.|
|Black or African American||A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.|
|Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander||A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.|
|White||A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.|
SSN Disclosure: You are requested to provide voluntarily your social security number (SSN) to assist the University of Oregon and the Oregon University System (OUS) in developing, validating, or administering predictive tests; administering student aid programs; improving instruction; internal identification of student; collection of student debts or comparing student educational experiences with susequent work force experiences.
The UO and OUS will disclose your social security number only if the studies are conducted in a manner that does not permit personal identification of you by individuals other than representatives of the UO and OUS ( or the organization conducting the study for the OUS) and only if the information is destroyed when no longer needed for the purposes for which the study was conducted. By providing your social security number, you are consenting to the uses identified above. The request is made persuant to ORS 351.070 and 351.085. Provision of your social security number and consent to its use is not required and if you choose not to do so you will not be denied any right, benefit or privilege by law. You may revoke your consent for the use of your social security number at any time by writing to: Office of admissions,University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403.
Hispanic or Latino -
A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race.